If you’re wondering how to add text to your TikTok videos, both individually and sequentially, we will explain how to do it in this post.
In addition to filters and effects, TikTok also lets you add captions to videos. It allows adding a single post that stays for the entire duration of the video or different positions that alternate in sequence.
How to Add Text to TikTok Videos?
Adding text or text boxes to your TikTok videos is relatively simple. You do this in the edit menu, where you add effects, sounds, and stickers. After capturing or selecting the video, you want to use, follow these steps to add text directly to your video:
- When TikTok takes you to the video editing menu, tap the Text (Aa) icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Just type the text you have in mind to add to your video.
- Choose your favorite color by tapping one of the round colored dots.
- Select your favorite font by tapping one of the font names just above the color icons. For example, you can select Comic Sans.
- Tap the text alignment bars just to the left of the font options to align the text to the left, right, or center.
- To add different styles to your text, tap the highlighted icon indicated by an ‘A’ to the left of this bar. For example, you can use this menu to make text italic or appear in a box. Keep tapping this icon to see the available options.
- Tap ‘Done’ when you’re done writing and designing your text.
- In the next step, you can easily adjust the position of your text by touching it on the screen with your hand.
- To proceed to the installation menu, immediately click on the ‘Next’ button.
You can add more text snippets or put more words in your TikTok video by repeating these steps and treating each piece of text as a separate item or sticker. Once this step is complete, you can post your TikTok video or save it to your drafts by adding titles and tags.