Adding links to Instagram Stories was a purely numerical issue until recently. Instagram has allowed adding hyperlinks to Stories only for some selected accounts, specifically for profiles with at least 10k followers and verified accounts often associated with famous people.
However, Instagram lifted this limitation towards the end of 2021, with the emergence of a few new features devoted to short videos. Therefore, any user registered with the platform can now upload Stories to Instagram via external links, regardless of follower count.
Suppose you don’t know how you’re in the right place. Read the rest of the article carefully to learn how to add links to Instagram Stories!
How to Add Links to Instagram Stories from Phones?
So let’s see how to add links to Instagram Stories from smartphones. The procedure is the same on Android and iOS, and thanks to the link extraction function, any subscriber in the social network can place hyperlinks in Stories.
- First, open your smartphone or tablet’s browser and copy the URL address you want to add to your story.
- Log in to the platform using your personal address if you haven’t already.
- While on the app’s main screen, swipe from left to right to enter the photographic social network’s Stories.
- At this point, save the content (a photo or a short video) that will be posted on your profile, and when finished, a screen will appear where you can see a preview of the Instagram Story and edit it.
- As always, you can enrich the content with personalization elements and let your creativity go to create fun Instagram Stories.
Is It Possible to Add Links to Instagram Stories from Computer?
The anchor tag is only available in the Instagram app for Android and iOS. Therefore, it will not be possible to add links to Instagram Stories from a computer, except for the Meta Business Suite tool and the old swipe-up feature, which requires at least ten thousand followers.
How can I See Links in Instagram Stories?
After the story is published, your followers or users can open the link by clicking the sticker and tapping the ‘Visit link’ option in the context menu. In short, a straightforward way to improve your business and make your content even more complete.